Conforming to gender stereotypes is a choice, not a requirement–you decide. This timely workbook provides a road map to help young men discover what kind of guy they want to be.
“The Masculinity Workbook for Teens is the book adolescent boys and those of us who work with them have desperately wanted. Not because it has all the answers, but because it doesn’t. It doesn’t replace the ‘guy code’ with a set of more progressive rules. With respect and guidance, it empowers boys to explore and create their own guidelines for being a man. A magnificent achievement.”
–Stephen Tosh, CEO of the Boys’ Club of New York
Get the book:
Articles & Chapters
- Reigeluth, C. S. (2023). Gender socialization of boys and (un)intended consequences. In B. Halpern-Felsher (Ed.), The encyclopedia of child and adolescent health (pp. 1-15). Amsterdam, Netherlands: Elsevier.
- Reigeluth, C. S., & Johnson, B. II. (2022). Pragmatic applications for therapeutic engagement with marginalized men: An intersectional exploration of two emerging adult African American male clients. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 32(3), 342-362.
- Reigeluth, C. S., & Addis, M. E. (2021). Policing of Masculinity Scale (POMS) and pressures boys experience to prove and defend their “manhood.” Psychology of Men & Masculinities, 22(2), 306-320.
- Reigeluth, C. S., & Addis, M. E. (2017). Masculinity threats. In K. L. Nadal (Ed.), The SAGE encyclopedia of psychology and gender (pp. 1120-1123). Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
- Reigeluth, C. S. (April, 2017). Societal pressures to “Man Up” for adolescent boys: It’s not that simple. APA Division 51 (Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinities) Research Summaries.
- Reigeluth, C. S., Pollastri, A., Cardemil, E. V., & Addis, M. E. (2016). “Mad scared” versus “I was sad”: Emotional expression and response in urban adolescent males. Journal of Adolescence, 49, 232-243.
- Reigeluth, C. S., & Addis, M. E. (2016). Adolescent boys’ experiences with policing of masculinity: Forms, functions, and consequences. Psychology of Men & Masculinity, 17, 74-83.
- Addis, M. E., Reigeluth, C. S., & Schwab, J. R. (2016). Social norms, social construction, and the psychology of men and masculinity. In S. R. Wester & Y. J. Wong (Eds.), APA handbook of men and masculinities (pp. 81-104).Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Reigeluth, C. S. (2013). A thicker look at boys’ emotional lives and their countless contradictions. [Review of the book Deep secrets: Boys’ friendships and the crisis of connection, by Niobe Way]. Journal of Adolescent Research, 28, 715-720.